Application process

Completed applications must be submitted online and supporting documentation must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2017.

Application Deadline

Completed applications must be submitted online and supporting documentation must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2017.

Late or incomplete submissions and unsolicited attachments will not be considered.

All applicants will be notified by June 30, 2017 whether or not they have been accepted into the program.

Application Checklist

In order to consider your application, the selection committee requires each of the following documents:

  • Your completed application form (online)
  • Your resume (two [2] pages maximum)
  • Two letters of recommendation*

* Letters of recommendation must be emailed (education@parl.gc.ca) or postmarked no later than April 30, 2017.

Selection Procedure

Seventy applicants will be selected by a national committee of educators. Candidacy is assessed according to the following criteria:

  • Commitment to teaching about citizenship, democracy, governance or Parliament
  • Professional leadership in your educational and community life, at a level appropriate to your years of experience
  • Engagement in professional dialogue and collaborative work
  • Capacity to innovate in the classroom or to undertake curriculum activities based on the Teachers Institute
  • Commitment to ongoing professional growth
  • Two letters of recommendation (which should make specific reference to the selection criteria listed above)

Please Note

The application form counts for 85% of the evaluation of candidates and each question is graded individually; the resume, reference letters and overall presentation account for the remaining 15%.

Contact Us

education@parl.gc.ca

Teachers Institute on Canadian
Parliamentary Democracy

Library of Parliament
Attention: Education Outreach

50 O’Connor St., Suite 1280
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A9

Fax: 613-995-1309

About the Teachers Institute

The Teachers Institute, launched in 1996, is coordinated by the Library of Parliament and supported by the Speakers of both the Senate and the House of Commons.

Partners

  • Rideau Hall
  • The Supreme Court of Canada
  • The Canadian Association of Former Parliamentarians