Experience a typical "day in the life" of a parliamentarian and understand the decisions Senators and Members of Parliament (MPs) must make when scheduling their many duties and activities.
In addition to their work in the Senate or House of Commons chambers, parliamentarians have a number of responsibilities:
- Respond to requests from constituents,
- Participate in parliamentary committees,
- Deliver speeches and attend numerous public functions,
- Contribute to caucus decisions,
- Meet with the media and with interest groups, and
- Travel between the nation’s capital and their home regions or constituencies.
This text is not meant to be visible.
Your schedule has just changed. You'll need to review the conflicting events and make a decision.