Students will identify and describe the main events of a parliamentary day in the Senate and in the House of Commons and learn how Parliamentarians manage their many responsibilities and commitments.
- Let students choose whether to be parliamentary assistants to a senator or to an MP, or assign the roles.
- Direct students to work through the Setting the Agenda online resource individually or in small groups, fitting the different activities mentioned into the parliamentarian's schedule and prioritizing when necessary.
- Class discussion or an activity should address one or both of the following questions:
- How did you categorize the requests and set priorities?
- How did your impressions of a parliamentarian's work change as a result of this exercise?